10,000 readers/issue, and increasing!
The AI format provides a dynamic platform for marketing to readers. The iPad application permits the use of high definition photography, video, audio and direct linking to websites outside of the AI interface. It is now possible to make advertising as interesting and dynamic as the magazine itself. Be creative!
- Embed a video in your advertisement. Make a series of ‘How to’ clips to educate readers about your products. Record and play customer testimonials. Create your own mini-series.
- Create an ad that links different icons/images in the ad to web pages. We can put multiple links on a page.
- Include a voice-over message that talks to the reader when they tap your ad.
- Use animation in the ad itself.
Because AI is produced only in digital formats, there are some advantages we have over print periodicals:
- There is no such thing as ‘out of print’. Readers who discover one issue of our free magazine soon download all of the issues available to them. So the distribution of any single issue is not limited to the number printed. Over time, each issue accumulates readers.
- We can change ads in older issues. When you buy an ad for a full year you can change the ad in ALL the issues (past, present and future). Impossible in a print magazine.*
- iPad issues are interactive while PDF issue are not, so you may tailor your ads to suit the specific type of media.
AI is a unique periodical. There is no other interactive aquarium magazine like it, and our reader base grows each issue. We are looking for creative advertisers with the vision to use our interactive media to its fullest potential. Give us a shot!
For pricing outside of Europe, please contact advertising_USA@aquariuminternational.com
For pricing within Europe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AI publishes ads in full page, 1/4 page and 1/8 page sizes, but the ad copy you will submit will all be the same size. Our iPad application allows us to publish a smaller ad that will expand into the larger full-page layout when the reader taps on the ad, so our 1/4 and 1/8 page ads are scaled down copies of a full page ad. Please note that we limit the use of audio, video and animation to full page ads.
The iPad app issue can be viewed in both landscape and portrait positions, so when you submit ad copy we will need an ad for both views. This means that you can have two different ads in the same position in the magazine, the specific ad viewed being determined by the orientation of the iPad in the reader’s hands.
1/4 and 1/8 page ads will appear in these layouts:
Ad Delivery Specifications
file types: .bmp, .tiff, .jpg
sizes: 1024 x 748 pixel (for landscape view)
768 x 1004 pixel (for portrait view)
(both ad sizes are needed to accommodate iPad screen)
Links: Please provide a map of your ad with link positions, and a list of the link destinations
Video: Large is better! Small videos do not look good when expanded to full screen. Any video file format is useable.
*Audio and video are limited to full page advertisements